Monday 17 March 2014

Research

I have been inspired by Mary Katranzou's prints in my work. I find her work really interesting and full of colour. Her patterns are expressive and use both random and symmetrical prints.

http://superfora.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/mary-katrantzou-fw2011-2.jpg

I like the clashing colour she uses in this collection, which is something I would like to achieve in my own collection.

Jo Faulkner's drawing style is also quite interesting and is similar to the black and white designs I have created. I think she has used a felt tip pen which creates a bold line. I have used charcoal and oil pastels in my drawings to also create loose and free marks like this.


Hellen van Rees' work is very structured and I like the use of black and white. The different tones are created through layering black and white threads to create a hand-made tweed. The work has a very textural feel. I would like to create a build up of tone in my prints.



Hellen van Rees has not only excelled as a emerging new designer, she is also challenging the world of sustainable fashion through the use of her handmade tweeds which make up her collection. Hellen's tweeds are all sustainably sourced and produced, complimenting her technical craftsmanship skills and the geometric aesthetic her current collection possesses. http://modadelamode.blogspot.co.uk/2012_09_01_archive.html


No comments:

Post a Comment